Tuesday 28 January 2014

Well that's January nearly a gonner, think its going to be another quick year. I brought a half jelly rolly of batik fabric back from Florida last year and hadn't a clue what to do with it, for the unitiated that is a a bundle of strips of fabric which are  2 1/2 inches wide and width of fabric long which is usually around 43-43 inches.
I eventually decided to sew them together long wise and then keep going until I had a panel. I then cut 9 in semi circles which i appliqued onto white 12 1/2 squares and then fancy stitched using variagated thread and using the quilt as you go method.I am please with the results as this is my first 'modern' quilt designed by me. I still need to find a tonign fabric for borders and for the backing, at the moment it measures 72 x 72 inches and when its finished will fit a king size bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment